So after our last game I realised that the Tharks needed reinforcement. I made a small order on the fighting 15s site late that night. The figures arrived impressively quickly especially considering the time of year and the fact I live beyond the wall. I finally got a chance to look at them on Christmas day over a relaxing glass of wine. Normally I hate drilling out hands and adding weapons but I actually quite enjoyed the process on these.
Unfortunately due to constant inebriation and family commitments I haven't got much further. Although it has struck me how difficult it is to paint additions to armies after a space of some years. I just can't decide what colour I used for flesh.
Great to see a work in progress. I hope the castings were fine. They were from the newer mould that I had to re-cut to work on my machine. But it looked in better nick than the original black rubber mould. I can see some mould lines that I'll need to work out where they originate.
One of the things I do that drives my wife crazy is the keeping of empty paint containers. I also keep an index card filers with various paint combinations I've used on any figures to help keep their colors more consistent. I suppose I could just use the cards and toss the containers. Will start that project this week - much to the delight of me wife