For some time my harvester model was displayed under a bell jar on my desk. Sadly, the pewter legs proved to be too weak for the task of holding the model upright. It sagged. I fixed it. It sagged again. I propped it up with a plastic rod. Last night I found it necessary to fix it once again. This time I managed to ruin the finish. I am going to strip the head and re paint the model.
I am considering doing gold leaf and then sealing it with red interference paint. Acrylic interference paint changes shades as the light changes. The legs and tentacles will stay black.
Looking forward to seeing the paint job. And am saddened to hear about all the problems with the legs - that model is one my favorite gaming pieces and features in most of my more 'modern' scenarios. Please send a note to the new owners for fixing the design of the thing.